Far Left Axios: Elon Musk’s “Amnesty Plan” for Banned Accounts Puts Lives at Risk – Free Speech Kills!
How many people did Dr. Fauci kill?
How many thousand Americans died when Dr. Fauci and the CDC failed to promote any prophylaxis treatment or early action plans for infected COVID patients for over a year into the pandemic?
How many Americans died on ventilators or from Remdesivir?
How many Americans died when the FDA mocked the use of Ivermectin or banned the use of hydroxychloroquine to elderly or sickly Americans?
How many Americans overdosed on hydroxychloroquine during the COVID pandemic?
How come anti-cop protests were allowed but not church?
Who created the COVID-19 variant?
On Wednesday, Gateway Pundit founder Jim Hoft penned an open letter to Elon Musk asking to reinstate The Gateway Pundit so we could report on the deposition of Dr. Anthony Fauci yesterday.
Two hours later, Musk posted a poll to Twitter asking about granting general amnesty to accounts that didn’t break the law or spam egregiously.
On Thanksgiving, Elon Musk announced that he will start an “amnesty” program next week for canceled accounts.
All accounts that didn’t violate the law will reportedly be reinstated to Twitter.
The people have spoken.
Amnesty begins next week.
Vox Populi, Vox Dei.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 24, 2022
On Friday Axios posted another junk report alleging Elon’s “amnesty plan” will kill people.
According to Axios, free speech causes death.
What they’re saying: “Superspreaders of hate, abuse and harassment will be the only people to benefit from this latest decision by Twitter,” said Imran Ahmed, CEO of campaign group the Center for Countering Digital Hate, to the Guardian.
- “The choice for advertisers has never been starker: stick around and back Elon Musk, or protect their brands and ensure their marketing dollars aren’t used to enable the spread of hate, abuse and disinformation.”
- Hopewell Chin’ono, an award-winning Zimbabwean journalist, tweeted that the move would be “a major disaster especially in Africa where State sponsored Ghost accounts were suspended for endangering human rights activists & journalists!”
- “You would have allowed vile people to put our lives in danger as journalists! You will have blood on your hands @elonmusk,” added Chin’ono in a warning ahead of the poll closing.
Between the lines: Alejandra Caraballo, clinical instructor at Harvard Law’s cyberlaw clinic, told the Washington Post that Musk’s planned action was “existentially dangerous” for marginalized communities.
- “It’s like opening the gates of hell in terms of the havoc it will cause,” Caraballo said.
- “People who engaged in direct targeted harassment can come back and engage in doxing, targeted harassment, vicious bullying, calls for violence, celebration of violence. I can’t even begin to state how dangerous this will be.”
- Caraballo said Apple and Google should seriously consider “booting Twitter off the app store.”
The big picture: Groups like the Center for Countering Digital Hate have reported a rise in racism on Twitter since Musk took over, including research indicating it failed to act on “99% of racist abuse” of soccer players in the leadup to the men’s World Cup in Qatar.